Our Pressure Area Care course includes everything that you require to deliver a course that is equivalent to the Level 2 Unit Undertake Agreed Pressure Area Care RQF/QCF. Topics include; the importance of personal hygiene procedures, pressure sores and how they can be avoided, anatomy and skin function, pressure ulcers defined, risk assessment tools, how ulcers form, prevention and management, recognising change, treatment and interventions.
When you use this resource to deliver a Pressure Area Care course, your learners will:
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of the skin in relation to pressure area care.
- Understand good practice in relation to own role when undertaking pressure area care.
- Be able to follow the agreed care plan
- Understand the use of materials, equipment and resources are available when undertaking pressure area care
- Be able to prepare to undertake pressure area care.
- Be able to undertake pressure area care