Our Fall Prevention course includes everything that you require to deliver a course that is a safe and effective falls prevention course. Topics include; what is meant by falls in the work place, the costs associated with falls in the work place, the key legislation relating to falls in the work place, hazard analysis and risk assessment in relation to falls, methods of falls management and prevention.
When you use this resource to deliver a Fall Prevention course, your learners will:
- Explore why falls are not inevitable
- Understand the impact of falls on your patients
- Recognise the importance of balancing patient safety, independence, rehabilitation and dignity, including patient choice
- Learn how to identify and act on patient risk factors to reduce the likelihood of falls
- Identify environmental risk factors and create a safer environment
- Explore clinical tasks related to falls prevention