Our Urethral Catheterisation includes everything that you require to deliver a course that is equivalent to the Level 3 Award in Catheterisation RQF/QCF. Topics include: Reasons why we catheterise, the risks and benefits of catheterisation, legal and professional issues relevant to catheterisation and safe catheterisation practice.
When you use this resource to deliver a Urethral Catheterisation course, your learners will:
- Understand relevant legislation, policy and good practice in relation to carrying out urethral catheterisation
- Understand the relevant anatomy and physiology
- Be able to prepare to insert urethral catheters
- Be able to insert urethral catheters
- Be able to monitor and care for the urethral catheter after insertion
- Be able to care for and support the individual during and after the procedure